A cocoon of deception

Waiting turns to pain in autumn
Waiting turns to pain in autumn
Time abandons love from my arms
Time abandons love from my arms
From my arms, love abandons me
Autumn brings pain, with endless waiting

The walks in the park of evergreens
The walks in the park of evergreens
Lies to me - our love will survive all
Lies to me - our love will survive all
Our love survives the evergreens
But you lied to me as we walked

I suffered a year while in bliss
I suffered a year while in bliss
Your deception cloaked me in a cocoon
Your deception cloaked me in a cocoon 
The cocoon held me in bliss
Your deception was my undoing

From my arms, love abandons me
Autumn brings pain, with endless waiting
Our love survives the evergreens
But you lied to me as we walked
The cocoon you wove held me in bliss
Your kind deception was my undoing

                   

                   A paradelle for dversepoets

11 comments:

  1. Brian
    Not sure if I got it quite right, I always tend to twist forms, hoax or not hoax, now and then.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...i am guilty of twisting form all the time...and your little adjustments to the form make it flow really well...and it tells a story...a hard one of lies....deception and betrayal...oy...so hard...the death of love for sure...you had me hooked with the opening stanza...i like the nature touches as well with the trees in the second....

    good to see you...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a superb job with this. Made me forget you were adhering to a form meant as a joke. Your words flowed so well. I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot Ninot Ma'am! I didn't think you had form restrictions reading this. The story flows most smoothly that one forgets any difficulty in its construction. Great wordcraft especially connecting it with nature's abundance! Great write!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not the first person to tweak a form and you won't be the last...smiles. I think of cocoons as being protecting and cozy...this one was not. You told a heartless tale very well. I enjoyed every word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic sad poem.. The pain of walking within deception among the fall of leaves - the small twist to the form just make it better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well realised! (Interesting how many of us have chosen love poems. They do seem to lend themselves to this form.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this spontaneous flow and i specially like how you twisted the form to suit the content...awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pain of love you convey so well. Lovely use of this form.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow powerful write. you weaved quite an impressive tale. this flows really well.

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts - and friendship !

Related Posts with Thumbnails